John (hubby) said Iâ€™m just like our cats and hereâ€™s why:
- Cats do things on their own terms.
- They will get up and walk away without notice.
- They want to be in the same room with you, but not interact (parallel play).
- They donâ€™t like their fur petted backwards.
- They stare at you with no visible emotion.
- They are not aware of how their actions affect others.
- Theyâ€™re intensely curious about the world, but when they get into it they get scared.
- They can study things for long periods at a time.
- They have rituals and favorite places.
- Routines must not be changed.
- High-pitched noises make their ears go back and they leave the room.
- They initially inspect people, but ultimately hide when company is visiting.
- If we change their cat food, they wonâ€™t eat it until theyâ€™re starving.
- They get mad if we leave the house.Â Once weâ€™re home, they go back to routine and we donâ€™t see them.Â They just want the security of us being here because there is no need to interact, since they are content they weâ€™re here.
- They can lounge for hours caught up in daydreams or pondering.
- They gauge you by what you do, not by what you say or how you say it.
- Speech means nothing; visual is everything.
- They meow non-stop if they want something, but otherwise say nothing.
- They have acute senses.
- They are independent loners, and they like it that way.
- They want their environmental temperature consistent.
- They get bursts of physical energy for no apparent reason.
- We donâ€™t know what they are thinking.
- They are difficult to understand, yet transparent.
- They donâ€™t like bathing in water.
- We canâ€™t help loving them.
- They are very lovingâ€¦in their unique way.
[New Post] Do my Cats Inherently have Autism? (humor) – via @twitoaster http://www.eileenparker.com/2010/03/cats…
@EileenLParker Haven’t you hear all cats have aspergers… 😉
@BonnieArnwine No wonder I understand my cats in an unspoken way!
Sounds like me! Meow. If I want you to pet me, I’ll come to you. Except I love baths lol
Hello there… found you via @AutismWomen. Great observations there. Humour aside, I’ve heard Aspies likened to the cats of the world (while NTs would be dogs?). There’s also a kids’ book called “All Cats Have Asperger’s Syndrome” – have you read it?
I hadn’t heard of the book until now. I checked it out on Amazon, and it looks like a fun one to review for this blog.
I love the book!!!
Great post! Am off to share…
We love the book in this house as well
Can I borrow this for my blog, please? My DD is an Aspie. Thx! Just let me know on Twitter if it is OK (@rntammyp)